Appalachian Brewing Company Mug Club
Hundreds of personalized ABC mugs hanging in a row. What’s the deal and how do I get one? Become a member of the exclusive Appalachian Brewing Company Mug Club, and tap into great deals, great beer and warm camaraderie that extends well beyond the Appalachian Brewpub and Abbey Bar. Each location begins its ‘Mug Club Season’ during a different month. Please check with your server or bartender for info and availability.
New Mugger Wait List
The wait list is on a first come, first served basis and is open during the 90 day renewal period. A new membership is $65. If there are no mugs available at the end of the renewal period, you will receive a refund in the form of an ABC gift card.
Mug Club Renewals
Early Bird Period
$50 = 90 – 45 days prior to the beginning of the mugger year.
Regular Renewal Period
$55 = 44 – 1 days prior to the beginning of the mugger year.
What’s Included With Your Membership as of February 27th, 2017
- The Mug: A personalized Appalachian Brewing Company Mug Club mug is specifically designed every year and may be glass or ceramic.
- Mug Club Party: Once each year, you are invited to attend an exclusive Mug Club party with complimentary food and drink. Mug Club Members ONLY!
- Mug Club Points: 10% discount in the form of points. $1 for every $10.00 spent on food only.
- Once a Month Preview: All members receive a free Schooner (10 oz.) sample of a designated specialty beer 1 time per month.
- Specialty priced beers. Also, all specialty beers will be released on Mugger Monday and Mug Club members will be able to preview the beer at their discounted rate.
- Birthday Meal Coupon: A $10.00 gift certificate good at any ABC to help celebrate your birthday.
Mug Club changes as of February 27th, 2017!
We recently received a PLCB Clarification letter on Act 39 legislation. This information confirmed Mug Clubs are now legal and allows us to give direct discounts to our Muggers.
For the past 2 years our Brewmaster Artie Tafoya has worked with the Brewers of PA, the PA Restaurant Association, and many PA Senators and Representatives to get Mug Club legislation passed. Although it wasn’t perfect, we are now able to revive some of the benefits that were removed due to past PLCB scrutiny.
PA Act 39 allows retail licensees and breweries to offer a mug club to their patrons and defined a “mug club” as a group organized by a retail licensee or a brewery whose members are entitled to discounted malt or brewed beverages. Membership in the mug club shall be by written application, and the licensee must maintain a written list of active members as part of its records.
Here are the changes we are making to our mug club due to the recent legislative changes:
- There will no longer be a $.25 charge on Mug Club Beers! We are now allowed to offer you the Mug Club beer amount at the regular Pint price.