Please Note: The Abbey Bar at Appalachian Brewing Company may be closed for private events and parties on short notice. If you’d like to reserve the Abbey Bar for your private party this holiday season, or anytime, please call (717) 221-1080, or e-mail email@example.com soon!
Brewser 4: Adventure Race
May 26, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
RESULTS/ TIMES ARE IN – CLICK HERE
We’re at it again! Registration is NOW open for the BREWSER 4 Adventure Race on May 26th, 2019!
Our 3rd Annual Brewser Race will again take place at Appalachian Brewing Company’s Mechanicsburg location and Pennsy Supply’s adjacent Silver Spring Quarry!!
Presented by: Appalachian Brewing Company, Pennsy Supply, and JDRF!
JDRF is the only global diabetes foundation with a strategic plan to end type 1 diabetes (T1D). Your tax-deductible donation will help JDRF bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the type 1 community.
Register for the race – Click Here
ABC Original Root Beer Run – ¾ mile with fun obstacles – Ages 4 – 7 Free – Guardian must accompany child. (9:00 am start)
ABC Original Birch Beer Run – 1.5 mile with fun obstacles Ages 8-14 – $12.00 Per Racer
(9:30 am start)
Hoppy Trails – Competitive Race! 5 Mile Elite (10 am start)
Mountain Lager Pace – Just For Fun 5K (11 am start)
Outta Focus – Team Run 5K (noon pm start)
At the end of the races there will be a well-deserved and earned pasta buffet with beer and soda for everyone!
Check Out Last Years Race Video
Brewser Q & A
Are parents required to run with the kids in the Kids Root Beer Run?
Yes, a parent or guardian must run with the kids for this race.
Are parents required to run with the tweens in the Tweens Birch Beer Run?
Parent or guardian may run with the kids if they wish, but it is not necessary.
Is it a requirement to complete all obstacles?
No, you may go around any obstacle you feel you cannot accomplish. All obstacles must be completed in order to win or place in a race. Some obstacles will have a penalty loop if the obstacle is not completed in a certain number of tries.
How many obstacles will there be?
At least 20 on the 5K run and 25 on the 5 mile. Most will be physical challenges with a brain teaser thrown in for fun!
What is included in the after race food buffet?
Beer, soda, dinner rolls, salad and pasta. After race buffet starts at 11 am.
Can I bring my entire family?
Of course, the Brew Pub will be open all day and the race will be shown on the big screen. Make it a family affair! Kids must be supervised at all times!
When should I arrive?
Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to your race start. It’s even better if you come early and cheer on the other racers!
May I bring my pet?
Unfortunately, pets are not welcome at this event.
Is there a refund policy?
If inclement weather or any other cause forces the revision or cancellation of the BREWSER Adventure Race, funds will not be refunded. These acts of god are out of the Race Directors control and therefore the event will not refund monies collected to host the planned events.
If a racer is unable to compete due to personal reasons, it is up to the Race Director’s discretion to transfer entry to a future race. This must be requested the day of the race and the Race Directors decision is final. There are no refunds.
Is there an adverse weather plan?
Yes, there are four options available due to: lightning, heavy rains, wind/tornadoes, extreme heat, ice/snow.
The options in order of preference are: Change of race start time on the scheduled date, Modification of race format, Change of race date, Cancellation of event.
There will be plenty of parking available within walking distance.
What should I bring with me?
**Compression socks\gators for leg protection** Important!!!
- Hydration pack or belt
- Non Slip Shoes (think mud, wet, gravel, and comfort)
- Running clothes that can take some abuse
- Change of clothes
- Change of shoes
- Garbage bag for dirty gear
- Inhaler and EpiPen
- Long sleeve or arm gators
- Gloves – something that can grip while wet
- Gu or glycogen packs for energy
- Any other kind of comfort food that works well
- A watch that is durable. It will get wet and/or possibly broken
- GoPro! – If you decide to bring your GoPro, you are responsible if it gets damaged!
- A warrior attitude to attack the course!
What should I leave at home or in the car?
- Head Wear – Hats get wet and become a bother – Helmets may be worn, but must attached by chinstrap.
- Eyewear – May be lost or damaged on the course
- Clothing you like and don’t want ruined
- Cell phones
- Valuables – Jewelry, ect.
Other important rules?
Please understand Pennsy Quarry is a working mine. They have been very accommodating in allowing us to use their premises to perform this awesome BREWSER race. They are held to very strict rules of safety. Please respect these rules as they will allow us all to enjoy this race for years to come!
- Please do not consume alcoholic beverages prior to the race. If we suspect you have consumed alcohol, you will not be allowed to start the race. No refunds will be offered!
- Please do not bring unaccompanied minors. If you bring children and you are racing, you must have another adult with you to accompany your children.
- Please do not travel outside of the race streamers for any reason. There are dangerous areas and cliffs in the quarry! You must remain on course!
- Please do not take alcoholic beverages from the licensed premise that is ABC of Mechanicsburg Brew Pub, Patio, and Bottling Room
Although the encouragement of friends and family is 100% allowed in and around the Brewpub, NO spectators will be allowed in the quarry or on the race course.
All racers are expected to be examples of good sportsmanship. Racers must treat fellow racers and race staff with courtesy and respect.
All racers must check-in prior to the race.
Race bibs must be worn on the outside of clothing at all times.
All racers must check-out at the finish line if you leave the race for any reason. If you do not check out of the race (Run through the finish line or check out with the start/finish personnel) a search party will be sent out for you, at your expense.
Racers must assist others in need of medical attention.
Race officials reserve the right to remove a racer from the course for health, safety, or other reasons, at the discretion of race officials and medical personnel.
Please email us with questions: abcinfo@abcbrew