Community Support Request
Appalachian Brewing Company is dedicated to making a difference in our communities. Our main philanthropy is The Child Life Program at Hershey Medical Center funded through sales of our Lily’s Soda line.
Lily Jordan is a Central PA teenager fighting cancer. Appalachian Brewing Company teamed up with Lily to create a line of craft soda aptly named “Lily’s Soda”. The best part about Lily’s story has been her positive attitude and her willingness to help other children who are going through similar experiences as she is. Lily’s and her parents felt like The Child Life Program had a significate impact on their life while at Hershey Med. “Anything that a child asks for in the hospital, most likely the child life department can provide for them,” said child life assistant for the hospital, Jennifer Shearn.
We also believe in the importance of supporting the communities surrounding our Brew Pubs to the best of our ability. Because of the volume of requests we receive we are unable to support every event, no matter how much we would like to. Below are the guidelines we adhere to when approving donation requests:
- Organization should be non-profit, 501(c)3 certified.
- Donations must be picked up from our Corporate Headquarters in Harrisburg, PA.
- The event must be in Pennsylvania.
- Requests need to be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the event date.
- Due to legalities we are unable to support youth and/or school-related events or events held on school properties.
- Due to legalities we are also unable to donate beer to events where more than 25% of attendees are under the age of 21.
In addition to these guidelines, the organization must obtain the proper licensing from the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board for the event and Appalachian Brewing Company will not assume any liability for the event.
Due to the number and frequency of requests we receive, we have established a thorough evaluation system. Please complete the community stewardship form below in order for your request to be considered. Requests sent by mail, voicemail or email will not be processed. Every request submitted through this form will be considered.